Daventry Town FC are on the lookout for people over 18 years to join the matchday team as stewards on matchdays. The role is open to one or more individuals, who will be working as part of the off field team that makes the matchday experience special for people visiting Elderstubbs.
We are looking for enthusiastic people, be they individuals, maybe couples, maybe friends, who will represent the club and ensure that things run smoothly off the field of play. No qualifications are needed as training regarding carrying out the role will be given.
Match stewards play a vital role in ensuring the safety of spectators and visitors to the club on a match day. As a match steward, you are the public face of the club, and will often be the first point of contact with supporters.
Co-Chairman Steve Tubb said, ‘The role of stewarding is very important to our club as stewards present a warm welcome to visitors to Elderstubbs as well as having an important matchday safety function. We want volunteers and visitors alike to enjoy the experience.’
We are looking for people with the following attributes:
• Friendly, helpful and cheerful disposition.
• Attention to detail and patience.
• Flexible approach to volunteering hours.
• Ability to work to instructions and under pressure.
• Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• An interest in football would be helpful though not essential.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Club Secretary Brian Porter Please contact Brian Porter – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07903 859107 if able to help.