Daventry booked themselves a place in the next round of the Buildbase FA Trophy after a resolute performance away at Stamford.
Taylor Orosz scored the only goal of the game 2 minutes in after Adam Confue had battled himself into the penalty area. Confue’s pull back was slotted home by a stretching Taylor sending the visiting Daventry fans into jubilous celebration.
Orosz’s goal sealed a tremendous first half as the team battled and stood toe to toe with Stamford. Jack Bowen and Nat Gornal-Tyler had half chances which were saved by the Stamford keeper Wallis.
Although Stamford threatened with some quick breaks there was little in the way of clear cut chances as Daventry went into the break a goal ahead.
The second half was more defensive from Daventry as Stamford pressed for an equaliser. Goalkeeper James Martin was kept busy without having to do anything spectacular until deep in injury time when he made a good save after a fierce shot that was goalbound was tipped over. Despite a late scare in injury time, Daventry kept Stamford out to seal the win.
This now puts Daventry into the 2nd qualifying round where they will have a home tie against Ilkeston. The date for this match will be announced in due course.
Line Ups:

Stamford: 1 Daniel Wallis, 2 Mike Armstrong, 3 Connor Bartle, 4 Joe Butterworth, 5 Sean Wright, 6 Stacey Freeman (James Blunden 46′), 7 Rodrigo Goncalves (Tendai Chitiza 58′), 8 Jake Duffy, 9 Tom Siddons (Cosmos Matwasa 58′), 10 Michael Frew, 11 Cameron Johnson
Subs: 12 James Blunden, 14 Ed Cook, 15 Tendai Chitiza, 16 Cosmos Matwasa, 17 Jon Challinor

Daventry Town: 1 James Martin, 2 Joe Coleman, 3 Bleu McNeil, 4 Ross Harris, 5 Jeff Woodward, 6 Adam Confue, 7 Nat Gornal-Tyler (George Ball 73′), 8 Joel Nketia, 9 Jack Bowen (Lewis Irwin 67′), 10 Carter Price, 11 Taylor Orosz (Archie Elmore 90′)
Subs: 12 Lewis Irwin, 14 George Ball, 15 Archie Elmore, 16 Jack Norman, 17 Kurt Parsons, 18 Matt Finlay

Saturday 25th September 2021, 3pm
Buildbase FA Trophy First Qualifying Round
The Zeeco Stadium
Attendance: 274
Referee: Gareth Davis